Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Review of “City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments #6)”

Review by Laura Leigh

“City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments #6)” – Cassandra Clare
3 Stars – I’ll admit it… I love “The Mortal Instruments” series. I know they are for 16 year old girls but there is something about Cassandra Clare...’s writing that really gets me (I also love her “Infernal Devices” series). But… I was really disappointed with this book.

This was the longest of the books in the series at a whopping 725 pages. That number could have been cut in half if Clare had removed ¾ of the pages where Clare and Jace repeated to each other how much they love each other. Holy cow. We got it. Now let’s move on the THE ACTUAL STORY. When Clare wasn’t busy describing Clare and Jace’s lusty feelings for each other, and actually got down to the Shadowhunters never ending battle with evil, the story was pretty good. I especially enjoyed how she intertwined the “Infernal Devices” characters with the “Mortal Instruments” characters. All in all I would have given this novel 4 stars but I had to detract 1 star just because of the annoyance I had to go through with reading for the 100th time about the googly eyes the main characters where giving each other.

If you have never read any of Cassandra Clare’s books I would highly suggest either one of her series. And if you have already read the first 5 “Mortal Instruments” books then yes, I would suggest reading “City of Heavenly Fire” but be forewarned… you may need to skip a page or ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment