Monday, June 9, 2014

Review of Gorgeous Chaos (Beautiful Mess #3)

Gorgeous Chaos (Beautiful Mess #3)
Well.... Where to begin? So to say I'm disappointed is an understatement. I had rated A Beautiful Mess (Book 1) as a 3 Star and then A Tragic Wreck (Book 2) was a massive improvement at a 4 Star. So I was anxiously awaiting a mind blowing conclusion from Book 3 and it did not happen. I'm generously giving Book 3 a 2 Star rating.


It was painful and that upsets me because I really liked these characters so I'm on the fence on how I want to go about this review. So to start off I'll give a positive and say the plot line of this series was great there were a lot of twists, surprises and Alex.. that's the positive. I think some changes in the conclusion could have really bumped it WAY up on the Star meter for me, which leads me to the negative. My main issue was the I LOVE YOUs. At one point I was so distracted by how many times Alex and Olivia said "I Love You" or "Love" to each other in one chapter's dialogue I had to stop and count them. Ready?? 14 times!! that's right in a matter of a few sentences they said "I Love You" or "Love" 14 times. I wanted to throw my Nook against the wall. I'm all for the I love you, but enough is enough saying it back and forth and back and forth doesn't make it more true. Honestly it just makes it mean nothing. Olivia was so wishy washy in this one and there were 3 separate occasions that she promised she'd never run again and boom next chapter there she goes. It was almost comical. I don't remember her being that annoying in the prior two books but may be my memory of it is clouded. I know she had problems but she was bi-polar / psychotic in this one. I also really felt this one was way too long and drawn out. I could have done without a good 5 chapters. Probably remove a couple hundred I love you's and that would drop the word count by about half. The Epilogue was by far the most disappointing of it all. You wait and wait and wait through this long drawn out hot mess thinking it has get good. Right? It just has to. The Epilogue has to tie it all off in a pretty bow and make this whole series worth while. AND!!!!... No!! It did NOT. I would love another perspective on this one. So if you chose to read it please let me know what you think.


~Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment