Saturday, May 31, 2014

Review of "Red Hill" - Jamie McGuire

5 Stars – I know what most of you are saying to yourself right now: “Really? Aren’t there enough zombie books/movies/tv shows out?” Remember what your momma always told you; never judge a book by its cover.

Though I am a devoted junkie of “The Walking Dead” I have still never labeled myself a “zombie fan”. Most of the time I find it pretty corny or way to over the top gory. On the other end of the spectrum I found “World War Z” to be downright boring… but that’s for a different review. This book is none of those things. It starts off with the classic mysterious “outbreak” leading up to an apocalyptic type setting but the writing is what sets it apart. From what I understand, before this novel, McGuire had never ventured outside of romance novels. After reading this I hope she continues pushing her boundaries. From page one I was hooked.

“Red Hill” has romance, horror, suspense and a hodgepodge of characters that all seek refuge from the undead in the same remote house, Red Hill.'



~Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment